This is a problem solving and design project.
Write an application to compute total sales.
- You may use a two-dimensional array (or any other data structure) to solve the following problem: A company has four salespeople (1 to 4) who sell five different products. (1 to 5). Once a day, each salesperson passes in a slip for each type of product sold. Each slip contains the following:
- The salesperson number
- The product number
- The total dollar value of that product sold that day
Thus, each salesperson passes in between 0 and 5 sales slips per day. Assume that the information from all the slips for last month is available.
- Write an application that will read all this information for last month’s sales and summarize the total sales by salesperson and by product. All totals should be stores in the two-dimensional array (or other data structure) sales. After processing all the information for last month, display the results in tabular format, with each column representing a salesperson and each row representing a particular product. Cross-total each row to get the total sales of each product for last month. Cross-total each column to get the total sales by salesperson for last month. Your output should include these cross-totals to the right of the totaled rows and to the bottom of the totaled columns.
- Create a histogram to visually inspect the sales of products and salespersons. For example,
Product 1: *****
Product 2: **
Product 3: **************
Product 4: *
Product 5: ***
Assume ‘*” represents 100
- Use a test files No input from keyboard.
- Your application should use more than one class.
- Create and submit your UML diagram.
- The program should be well structured, documented, and readable.
- The output is well labeled and aligned
- Zip and attach all your files. Make sure you include your data file.