This problem/assignment is asking me to construct a C++ program that:
- Takes one CLI arg
- Interpret (read) from a file that has economic data in it
- Interprets the format of that file and correctly allocates an array of structs (state) with subarrays of structs part of the state array that contains data for counties.
- Deallocates the memory accurately.
- Prints out specific sets of data by state, or shows the data for all the counties of a state.
- Ask the user to repeat or what operation to do
- Exit with an error if the CLI args are wrong (nonexistent, too many, none …)
- Works and looks clean doing so.
I assume that:
- The data file contains valid data in the valid format Everything else will be checked within the program. I will do this by:
- Taking input from the user as to where the text file is
- Turning that input into an array
- Asking the user what they want to do, and doing that until they want to quit
- Deallocate memory!