- (5 pts) Build a 5-input and gate out of 2-input and gates.
- (5 pts) How many output lines will a five-input decoder have?
- (5 pts) How many output lines will a 16-input multiplexer have? How many select lines will this multiplexer have?
- (5 pts) You know a byte is 8 bits. We call a 4-bit quantity a nibble. if a byte-addressable memory has a 14-bit address, how many nibbles of storage are in this memory?
- (15 pts) All Logic circuits can be created by NAND gates. Prove this by building logic circuits for NOT, OR and AND using only NAND gates.
- (10 pts) Distinguish between a memory address and the memory’s addressability.
- (15 pts) Give the logic circuit below, fill in the truth table for the output value Y.
- (15 pts) Create the Logic gates for the truth Table below.
- (25 pts) Convert the following numbers to binary and perform binary subtraction on them. Do not use additive inverse.
- 39 – 22
- 25 – 14
- 39 – 12
- 18 – 11
- 30 – 26