Issue: Prepare an Annotated Bibliography
Here are some of the areas covered in discussion:
Business Research in today’s marketplace
Solicited and unsolicited proposals
Research Design (primary, secondary, tertiary sources in secondary research)
Research Difference-qualitative and quantitative research
Observation-advantages and disadvantages response error, interviewer error, nonresponse errors
APPENDIX E – ANNOTATED BIBLIOGRAPHY
Here are the specifications for this project.
- Each student will prepare an Annotated Bibliography for the week 15 assignment.
- You may select a review of books, websites, and/or periodicals. You will need to prepare an Annotated Bibliography of 10-15 entries for this assignment. Each entry must focus on a theory, principle, concept, and/or issue covered in our textbook(s) or newsgroup postings. You are not limited to just one item, but it is expected and recommended that each of your bibliographic entries will be on a different area or topic.
- Each annotated bibliography entry must consist of 6-8 sentences to review the particular reference thoroughly. You will be graded on your selection of material, formatting, and synthesis/analysis of the materials for this project.
- All entries must be in APA Style format – no other style will be acceptable. If you are not acquainted with APA Style format, you may review it briefly at www.apa.org/style.
- If you use any website as a reference, please note the date of your electronic reference retrieval (this is important), because it must be included, along with the URL (i.e., http://www.yahoo.com– if you use a website) in your bibliographic entries.
- The format for electronic references will be discussed in the following section. However, books/periodicals reference formatting can be found in the APA Style Manual and in the section marked Suggested Websites.
Here is the format for Internet references.
Name of Website: Amazon
REVIEW: As noted above — Each annotated bibliography entry must consist of 6-8 sentences to review the particular reference thoroughly. You will be graded on your selection of material, formatting, and synthesis/analysis of the materials.
These websites will help you to format your annotated bibliography entries – if you are using books, periodicals, and/or electronic references.
APA format for annotated bibliographies (Lesley University)http://www.lesley.edu/library/guides/citation/apa_annotated.html
How to prepare an annotated bibliography (Olin & Uris Libraries at Cornell University)http://www.library.cornell.edu/olinuris/ref/research/skill28.htm
Annotated bibliography: APA format http://extend.unb.ca/wss/annbib.htm