This assignment will create a simple virtual world and let events, such as a key press, set the position of the object. The intent is to become familiar with an AftrBurner Module and its basic layout (this is a framework for rapidly creating visualizations of multidimensional data over time).
Setup Instructions to begin HW1
- Browse to the location where the usr repository is checked out. Create a folder based on your username firstname.lastname, as shown below:
- For simplicity, move your CSCE593 repo (with the remote set) inside this directory. After this move is complete, the contents should look like this:
- Execute a “git pull upstream master” to ensure you pull the latest posting from the CSCE593.git master repo. This should make a folder called HW1 appear as shown below:
- Open the “HW1” folder and double click “BUILD 64 BIT MSVC 2019.bat”. This will run Cmake and generate an MSVC 2019 solution.
- Browse into the cwin64 folder and double click the .sln solution file. MSVC 2019 should open.
- Within the “Solution Explorer” Window, ensure the “HW1” project is “Set as default project”. You may have to right click on it and select “Set as default project”.
- Load a 3D model from file.
- Encapsulation the 3D model as a World Object (WO)
- Bind key presses to move the WO around the virtual world
- See HW1Nykl.exe as an example.
- Key “Up arrow” (SDLK_UPARROW) will move the object “forward” 1 meter
- Key “Down arrow” (SDLK_DOWNARROW) will move the object “backward” 1 meter
- Key “Left arrow” will rotate the object “left” by 15 degrees
- Key “Right arrow” will rotate the object “right” by 15 degrees
- Key “T” will teleport the object back to the origin at location (0,0,10) and face the WO along the +X axis